Brief Description of the Project
The Sabah Biodiversity Centre, in partnership with Borneo Conservancy and Natural Justice will be implementing a project focusing on biodiversity conservation, customary uses of natural resources and traditional knowledge with communities living around Mt. Kinabalu, in the context of new and emerging legal frameworks. Borneo Conservancy is seeking applications for the role of Project Coordinator, as per the criteria set out below.
Job Title : Project Coordinator
• Education: University degree in social science, law, ecology or other subject relevant to the project.
• Technical knowledge: Knowledge of environmental and native laws and policies is an advantage.
• Work experience: Three or more years working with local communities will be an advantge
• Language skills: English, Bahasa Malaysia and Dusun
• Personal skills: Leadership, good communication, interpersonal abilities, report writing, strategic planning, and logistical capabilities.
• Ability to travel frequently.
• Driving license required.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to at [email protected] on or before the 15th of January 2012.